Meal Account Options 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
Having a Meal Account allows students to purchase any on-campus food and food-related item. There are no restrictions on how, when or where students can use their funds. Meal Account funds are non-refundable. Click here for the Refund Policy.
Meal Account Option
Price Per Semester
|Low Option||$1,055 with state sales tax added|
|Standard Option||$1,357 with state sales tax added|
|High Option||$1,576 with state sales tax added|
|Super Option||$1,917 with state sales tax added|
All About Meal Accounts
Meal Accounts operate on a declining balance system. Students are only charged for what they select and can use Meal Account funds anytime, anywhere for any on-campus food purchase. Meal Accounts cannot be used off campus and are non-refundable.
Please see below for the following information:
- Do I Need a Meal Account?
- How Do I Open or Add to a Meal Account?
- Where Can I Use It?
- How Does It Work?
Do I Need a Meal Account?
Are you living on campus?
- Meal Accounts are required for all students living in residence halls (including Appalachian Panhellenic Hall).
- Residents of Appalachian Heights are exempt from the Meal Account requirement but may choose an option if desired.
- Students classified as freshmen (by credit hours) must choose the Standard, High or Super Option. The Low Option is not available to freshmen.
Are you living off campus?
- Meal Accounts are not required for students living off campus.
- If you would like to have funds on your AppCard for on-campus food purchases, you have three options:
- Choose to purchase one of the above Meal Accounts.
- Deposit any amount of funds into a Meal Account.
- Purchase meals with an Express Account.
- You can also use cash, Discover, MasterCard or Visa at any dining facility.
How Do I Open or Add to a Meal Account?
Students living on campus choose an option each semester as part of their housing contract. Meal Accounts will automatically be ready for use at the beginning of each semester for which a student is enrolled. Students may change a Meal Account option prior to bill payment by contacting the AppCard Office (828-262-6141).
Adding funds to your Meal Account is quick and easy!
- By visiting the AppCard Office during regular business hours.
- We accept credit cards (Discover, MasterCard or Visa), checks and cash for deposits.
- By calling the AppCard Office (828-262-6141) during regular business hours.
- We accept Discover, MasterCard or Visa for phone deposits.
- Add money to a Meal Account by clicking on this link: Deposit Now.
- There is a $50.00 minimum to make a deposit online (Discover, MasterCard or Visa).
Because Meal Account funds are non-refundable, we recommend adding additional funds as needed. Students are able to monitor account usage and check daily spending through AppCard Online.