Meal Plan Refund Procedures
- Spring 2021 Only: Prorated refunds for the period of the Spring semester when students were not eligible to live on campus (January 19-January 27) are being processed. Students should see this prorated refund on their Student Accounts no more than 2 weeks after February 12.
- Refunds for Meal Plans will be made only in the case of official withdrawal from the University during a semester. The money refunded will be from the current semester only. Money from the prior semester will not be refunded. For questions regarding official withdrawal, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Meal Plan balances carry over from summer to fall and from fall to spring semesters. The last day to use Meal Plan balances is Spring Commencement.
- Any balance remaining after Spring Commencement is non-refundable and will not carry over into summer sessions or the fall semester.
Campus Cash Refund Procedures
- Full refunds for Campus Cash will be made only in the case of official withdrawal from the University during a semester. For questions regarding official withdrawal, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Account balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian.
- At separation, Campus Cash balances greater than $15.00 can be refunded if requested. A fee applies. For example, an Campus Cash account with a $15.00 balance would receive a $5.00 refund; a $110.00 balance would receive a $100.00 refund.
- Request for refunds must be made through the AppCard Office in Trivette Hall. The telephone number to request a refund is 828-262-6141. Refunds will be issued from the Student Accounts Office in John E. Thomas Hall.