Making Changes to my Account
- Add Money: Add money to a Meal Plan or Campus Cash by clicking on this link: Deposit Now.
- Account Details: Students and Employees access AppCard Online from their AppalNET accounts. See AppCard Online for details.
- Deactivate Your AppCard: Deactivate lost or stolen AppCards online through your AppalNET account. See AppCard Online for details.
- Change your Meal Plan: FIll out this form to change your meal plan level for the current semester, submit a change for next semester, or add a meal plan if you live off-campus
All About Campus Cash
Campus Cash (formerly Express Account) are optional accounts that may be set up for a student's convenience; balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian. Campus Cash operates on a declining balance system and are accepted at various on-campus locations. Campus Cash cannot be used off campus and funds cannot be withdrawn as cash. Campus Cash is separate from the Meal Plan, but it is still accessed by the AppCard.
Please see below for the following information:
- Do I Need Campus Cash?
- How Do I Open or Add to Campus Cash?
- Where Can I Use It?
Do I Need Campus Cash?
Campus Cash is optional, but students may find it convenient to have funds in Campus Cash. With Campus Cash, you can purchase goods and services all across campus.
How it works
- Campus Cash is accessed by your AppCard for a variety of on-campus purchases.
- There is no service charge for this account.
- Campus Cash operates on a declining balance system and additional funds can be added at any time.
- Campus Cash cannot be used off campus and students cannot withdraw cash.
- Campus Cash balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian. Funds must be used or if applicable, a refund requested before a student separates from the university.
- At separation from the university, Campus Cash balances greater than $55.00 are refundable minus a $50.00 service charge.
- Students already need their AppCard as campus identification; having Campus Cash eliminates the need to carry cash or other credit cards for on-campus purchases.
- While Campus Cash DOES NOT REPLACE the meal plan for on-campus students, it can be used for food purchases by off-campus students or once a student's Meal Plan funds have been exhausted!
- You can also use cash, Discover, MasterCard or Visa at most of the places where Campus Cash is accepted:
- Need to print or make copies at the library? You must either Campus Cash or purchase a print card directly from the library.
- Vending machines accept cash or AppCards (with Meal Plans or Campus Cash).
Students are able to monitor account usage and check daily spending through AppCard Online.
What happens if I have extra Campus Cash funds at the end of the year?
Campus Cash balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian. At separation, balances greater than $55.00 are refundable minus a $50.00 service charge. You can also use remaining funds to purchase goods at the Markets to take home, or you can purchase a gift certificate to the University Bookstore, which never expires.
How Do I Open or Add to Campus Cash?
Campus Cash accounts are active as soon as funds are deposited. You may deposit funds to a Campus Cash account one of the following ways:
- By visiting the AppCard Office during regular business hours.
- We accept credit cards (MasterCard or Visa), checks and cash for deposits.
- You can also add a few dollars at any on-campus CSVT Machine.
- By calling the AppCard Office (828-262-6141) during regular business hours.
- We accept MasterCard or Visa for phone deposits.
- Add money to Campus Cash by clicking on this link: Deposit Now.
- There is a $5.00 minimum to make a deposit online (MasterCard or Visa) and a $0.50 service charge is added.
No Meal Account money may be transferred to Campus Cash. Students are able to monitor account usage and check daily spending through AppCard Online.
Where Can I Use It?
Use Campus Cash funds at a variety of on-campus locations. Campus Cash cannot be used off campus.
- All Campus Dining locations Note: Campus Cash DOES NOT REPLACE the meal plan for on-campus students
- Athletics Ticket Office
- Belk Library & Information Commons for copies
- Computer labs for printing
- Concessions at home football games and the Holmes Convocation Center
- Crossroads Coffee House & The Wired Scholar Cafe
- Educational Media Services for supplies, duplication services and more
- Health Services for prescriptions and other charges
- Mountaineer Printing for print jobs and orders
- Outdoor Programs for equipment rental
- Parking Deck (Rivers Street) for fees
- Post Office for postage or stamps
- Student Accounts Office
- Student Union for ticket sales
- The Markets (campus convenience stores)
- The University Bookstore
- University Recreation for class fees
- Vending Machines
What if My AppCard is Lost or Damaged?
Click here for information on Replacement AppCards.
What is the Refund Policy?
Click here for Meal Plan and Campus Cash Refund Policies.
Deactivate Your Lost or Stolen AppCard
The person to whom the AppCard is issued is responsible for its use, including any misuse. If your card is lost or stolen, you will be held responsible until it is reported lost or stolen.
Your AppCard is the ONLY access to your Meal Plan and/or Campus Cash. If you lose your card, report it to the AppCard Office (828-262-6141), so it can be invalidated. After 5:00 pm and on weekends, report lost AppCards to University Police or online through your AppalNET account. See AppCard Online for details.