Making Changes to my Account
- Add Money: Add money to a Meal Plan or Campus Cash by clicking on this link: Deposit Now.
- Account Details: Students and Employees access AppCard Online from their AppalNET accounts. See AppCard Online for details.
- Deactivate Your AppCard: Deactivate lost or stolen AppCards online through your AppalNET account. See AppCard Online for details.
- Change your Meal Plan: FIll out this form to change your meal plan level for the current semester, submit a change for next semester, or add a meal plan if you live off-campus
Having an AppCard is all you need to identify yourself as a member of the Appalachian State University community.
Location / Phone
170 Stadium Drive
|Monday – Friday|
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
AppCards are issued to all students upon their arrival on campus. The general fees paid by students include the charge for the first AppCard. There is a nominal fee for replacement cards. Click here for Costs & Fees.
The AppCard provides access to:
- Meal Plan Accounts
- Campus Cash Accounts
- Library checkouts
- Residence Halls
- Recreation facilities
- Intercollegiate events
- Many other services offered by App State
Meal Plan vs. Campus Cash Accounts
Students access both accounts with the AppCard, but what's the difference? Do you need both?
- Are required for students who live in residence halls. Students living off-campus may elect to have a Meal Plan.
- Can be used anytime, anywhere for any on-campus food or food-related purchase. No restrictions!
- Cannot be used off campus.
- Operate on a declining balance system, allowing students to decide where and when to spend their money. All food items are priced a la carte.
- Can be reloaded with additional funds if need be.
- Balances carry over from fall to spring semester and end on May Commencement.
- Are non-refundable.
Please visit the Meal Plan page for complete details.
- Are optional accounts primarily used for on-campus incidental purchases, such as printing, parking in the Rivers Street Deck, Health Services charges, Bookstore purchases, etc. Students living off campus or students who have exhausted their Meal Plan can use Campus Cash funds for on-campus food purchases.
- Cannot be used off campus.
- Operate on a declining balance system.
- Are activated with a funds deposit and can be added to at any time.
- Balances carry over as long as a student is enrolled.
- Are refundable minus a $50.00 service charge for balances exceeding $55.00. Refunds must be requested in writing.
Please visit the Campus Cash page for complete details.
Deactivate Your Lost or Stolen AppCard
The person to whom the AppCard is issued is responsible for its use, including any misuse. If your card is lost or stolen, you will be held responsible until it is reported lost or stolen.
Your AppCard is the ONLY access to your Meal Plan and/or Campus Cash. If you lose your card, report it to the AppCard Office (828-262-6141), so it can be invalidated. After 5:00 pm and on weekends, report lost AppCards to University Police or online through your AppalNET account. See AppCard Online for details.