Making Changes to my Meal Account
- Add Money: Add money to a Meal or Express Account by clicking on this link: Deposit Now.
- Account Details: Students and Employees access AppCard Online from their AppalNET accounts. See AppCard Online for details.
- Deactivate Your AppCard: Deactivate lost or stolen AppCards online through your AppalNET account. See AppCard Online for details.
- Change your Meal Account: FIll out this form to change your meal plan level for the current semester, submit a change for next semester, or add a meal plan if you live off-campus
All About Express Accounts
Express Accounts are optional accounts that may be set up for a student's convenience; balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian. Express Accounts operate on a declining balance system and are accepted at various on-campus locations. Express Accounts cannot be used off campus and funds cannot be withdrawn as cash. The Express Account is separate from the Meal Account, but it is still accessed by the AppCard.
Please see below for the following information:
- Do I Need an Express Account?
- How Do I Open or Add to an Express Account?
- Where Can I Use It?
Do I Need an Express Account?
Express Accounts are optional, but students may find it convenient to have funds in an Express Account. With an Express Account, you can purchase goods and services all across campus.
How it works
- Express Accounts are accessed by your AppCard for a variety of on-campus purchases.
- There is no service charge for this account.
- Express Accounts operate on a declining balance system and additional funds can be added at any time.
- Express Accounts cannot be used off campus and students cannot withdraw cash.
- Express Account balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian. Funds must be used or if applicable, a refund requested before a student separates from the university.
- At separation from the university, Express Account balances greater than $55.00 are refundable minus a $50.00 service charge.
- Students already need their AppCard as campus identification; having an Express Account eliminates the need to carry cash or other credit cards for on-campus purchases.
- While the Express Account DOES NOT REPLACE the meal account for on-campus students, it can be used for food purchases by off-campus students or once a student's Meal Account funds have been exhausted!
- You can also use cash, Discover, MasterCard or Visa at most of the places where the Express Account is accepted:
- Laundry machines accept either quarters or Express Accounts.
- Need to print or make copies at the library? You must either use and Express Account or purchase a print card directly from the library.
- Vending machines accept cash or AppCards (with Meal or Express Accounts).
Students are able to monitor account usage and check daily spending through AppCard Online.
What happens if I have extra Express Account funds at the end of the year?
Express Account balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian. At separation, balances greater than $55.00 are refundable minus a $50.00 service charge. You can also use remaining funds to purchase goods at the Markets to take home, or you can purchase a gift certificate to the University Bookstore, which never expires.
How Do I Open or Add to an Express Account?
The Express Account is active as soon as funds are deposited. You may deposit funds to an Express Account one of the following ways:
- By visiting the AppCard Office during regular business hours.
- We accept credit cards (Discover, MasterCard or Visa), checks and cash for deposits.
- You can also add a few dollars at any on-campus CSVT Machine.
- By calling the AppCard Office (828-262-6141) during regular business hours.
- We accept Discover, MasterCard or Visa for phone deposits.
- Add money to an Express Account by clicking on this link: Deposit Now.
- There is a $50.00 minimum to make a deposit online (Discover, MasterCard or Visa).
No Meal Account money may be transferred to the Express Account. Students are able to monitor account usage and check daily spending through AppCard Online.
Where Can I Use It?
Use Express Account funds at a variety of on-campus locations. Express Accounts cannot be used off campus.
- All Campus Dining locations Note: The Express Account DOES NOT REPLACE the meal account for on-campus students
- Athletics Ticket Office
- Belk Library & Information Commons for copies
- Computer labs for printing
- Concessions at home football games and the Holmes Convocation Center
- Crossroads Coffee House & The Wired Scholar Cafe
- Educational Media Services for supplies, duplication services and more
- Health Services for prescriptions and other charges
- Laundry Machines (laundry machines in East Hall accept quarters only)
- Mountaineer Printing for print jobs and orders
- Outdoor Programs for equipment rental
- Parking Deck (Rivers Street) for fees
- Post Office for postage or stamps
- Student Accounts Office
- Student Union for ticket sales
- The Markets (campus convenience stores)
- The University Bookstore
- University Recreation for class fees
- Vending Machines
What if My AppCard is Lost or Damaged?
Click here for information on Replacement AppCards.
What is the Refund Policy?
Click here for Meal and Express Account Refund Policies.
Deactivate Your Lost or Stolen AppCard
The person to whom the AppCard is issued is responsible for its use, including any misuse. If your card is lost or stolen, you will be held responsible until it is reported lost or stolen.
Your AppCard is the ONLY access to your Meal and/or Express Account. If you lose your card, report it to the AppCard Office (828-262-6141), so it can be invalidated. After 5:00 pm and on weekends, report lost AppCards to University Police or online through your AppalNET account. See AppCard Online for details.