Making Changes to my Account
- Add Money: Add money to a Meal Plan or Campus Cash by clicking on this link: Deposit Now.
- Account Details: Students and Employees access AppCard Online from their AppalNET accounts. See AppCard Online for details.
- Change your Meal Plan: Fill out the Meal Plan Change Request Form to change your meal plan level for the current semester, submit a change for next semester, or add a meal plan if you live off-campus .
- Deactivate Your AppCard: Deactivate lost or stolen AppCards online through your AppalNET account.
- Transfer your Meal Plan Balance to Another Student: For full details on transfers, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Meal Plan Options 2021 - 2022 Academic Year
Meal Plans allow students to purchase on-campus food and food-related items. There are no restrictions on how, when, or where students can use their funds. Meal Plan funds are non-refundable.
Price* Per Semester/Session
|Summer 2021 Meal Plan||$440 (SUMMER 2021 ONLY)|
* Prices include state sales tax
About Meal Plans
Meal Plans operate on a declining balance system. Students are only charged for the food items they choose and can use Meal Plan funds anytime, anywhere for any on-campus food purchase. Meal Plans cannot be used for non-food items or off campus and are non-refundable.
Please see below for the following information:
|Living in a residence hall on-campus*||Yes|
|Living off campus||No|
|Classified as a freshman by credit hours||Standard Option and above**|
* Students living in Appalachian Heights are not required to have a meal plan but may choose one if desired
** Students classified as freshmen by credit hours cannot select the Low Option Meal Plan
Students living on campus choose a Meal Plan option when they complete their housing contract. Students not living on campus may contact the AppCard Office to add a Meal Plan to their account. Meal Plans will automatically be ready for use at the beginning of each semester for which a student is enrolled. Students may change a Meal Plan option by contacting the AppCard Office (828-262-6141).
- Adding Funds in person is currently unavailable due to COVID-19 precautions.
- Add Funds Online: There is a $5.00 minimum to make a deposit online (MasterCard or Visa) and a $0.50 service charge is added.
- Because Meal Plan funds are non-refundable, we recommend adding additional funds as needed. Students are able to monitor account usage and check daily spending through AppCard Online.
Because our pricing is a la carte rather than based on a number of set meals each day, students have complete flexibility of how, when, and where to use their Meal Plans.
- Meal Plans operate on a declining balance system which allows students to select only the items they desire to purchase. This means if they want a cup of coffee and a bagel, the price of those items is removed from their balance.
- Balances on Meal Plans carry over from Fall to Spring semester and end on Spring Commencement. Funds not spent by this date are non-refundable.
- There are no restrictions on the number of times per day students use their Meal Plan ( with the minor exception of a $40 per day limit on vending machine purchases).
- Students can use Meal Plan funds for food purchases anytime, anywhere on-campus.
- Meal Plans cannot be used off campus.
- Students cannot withdraw cash.
- All food items are priced individually.
- Students have control over how best to spend their funds.
- Daily spending can vary greatly according to eating habits and selections.
- Visit the Price Comparison Tool to learn more about how Campus Dining prices compare to those of area restaurants.
Use Meal Plan funds for any on-campus food purchase. Meal Plans cannot be used off campus.