Lost & Stolen Cards
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately to the AppCard Office so it can be invalidated.
- After 5:00 pm and on weekends, contact University Police or log into your AppalNET account to deactivate your AppCard online.
- The person to whom the AppCard is issued is responsible for its use, including any misuse. If your card is lost or stolen, you will be held responsible until it is reported lost or stolen.
- Once a new AppCard is made, your accounts are reactivated. Lost cards remain inactive.
- There is a nominal charge for replacement cards. Click here for Costs & Fees.
Damaged & Elective Replacement Cards
Normal Wear & Tear
- If the damage to your card is normal wear and tear (picture or name has faded, the magnetic strip is worn or the card has become demagnetized or the card is broken), we will replace the card at no charge.
- The old card must be surrendered at the time of replacement.
- The card must be identifiable by picture, name or readable in our scanners to be replaced at no charge.
Damage Caused by User
- If the damage is caused by the card holder, (unreadable in our scanners due to being hole punched, chewed, washed in the laundry, etc.), there is a nominal charge for a replacement card. Click here for Costs & Fees.
Elective Replacement Cards
- If you elect to have a new AppCard issued for reasons not relating to normal wear and tear (name change, new picture), there is a nominal charge for a replacement card. Click here for Costs & Fees.
- The name on your AppCard must match your legal name in Banner. If you legally change your name, you must notify Admissions or Human Resources prior to requesting a new AppCard.
Deactivate Your Lost or Stolen AppCard
The person to whom the AppCard is issued is responsible for its use, including any misuse. If your card is lost or stolen, you will be held responsible until it is reported lost or stolen.
Your AppCard is the ONLY access to your Meal and/or Express Account. If you lose your card, report it to the AppCard Office (828-262-6141), so it can be invalidated. After 5:00 pm and on weekends, report lost AppCards to University Police or online through your AppalNET account. See AppCard Online for details.