- Refund Policies
Winter Storm Warning
A Winter Storm Warning has been issued by the National Weather Service for Watauga County, NC from 12 AM Wednesday, March 21 until 8 AM Thursday, March 22. This includes Appalachian State University. 3-6 inches of snow expected. Locally higher amounts possible, especially in higher elevations. Prepare now for hazardous travel and the potential for power outages. Continue to monitor local media or the National Weather Service for the latest weather forecast.
Posted at 8:35am on March 20, 2018 via Blackboard Connect.
What is the Refund Policy for the Appalachian Meal Account?
- Refunds for Meal Accounts will be made only in the case of official withdrawal from the University during a semester. The money refunded will be from the current semester only. Money from the prior semester will not be refunded. For questions regarding official withdrawal, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Account balances carry over from summer to fall and from fall to spring semesters. The last day to use account balances is May Commencement.
- Any balance remaining after May Commencement is non-refundable and will not carry over into summer sessions or the fall semester.
What is the Refund Policy for the Appalachian Express Account?
- Full refunds for Express Accounts will be made only in the case of official withdrawal from the University during a semester. For questions regarding official withdrawal, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Account balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian.
- At separation, Express Account balances greater than $55.00 can be refunded if requested. A $50.00 fee applies. For example, an Express Account with a $55.00 balance would receive a $5.00 refund; a $110.00 balance would receive a $60.00 refund.
- Refunds will be given once a year to students who request it by the last working day before May Commencement.
- Request for refunds must be made through the AppCard Office in Trivette Hall. The telephone number to request a refund is 828-262-6141. Refunds will be issued from the Student Accounts Office in John E. Thomas Hall.