- Refund Policies
High Wind Warning
High Wind Warning in effect for Watauga County from 7 am Sunday, January 20 until 7 am Monday, January 21. This includes Appalachian State University. Wind gusts up to 65 mph possible. In addition, 1 to 3 inches of snow and wind chills dropping to 15 degrees below zero also possible. Be prepared for downed trees, isolated power outages, adverse travel conditions, and dangerously cold temperatures. Monitor local media or the National Weather Service for the latest weather information.
Posted at 6:08pm on January 19, 2019 via Blackboard Connect.
What is the Refund Policy for the Appalachian Meal Account?
- Refunds for Meal Accounts will be made only in the case of official withdrawal from the University during a semester. The money refunded will be from the current semester only. Money from the prior semester will not be refunded. For questions regarding official withdrawal, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Account balances carry over from summer to fall and from fall to spring semesters. The last day to use account balances is May Commencement.
- Any balance remaining after May Commencement is non-refundable and will not carry over into summer sessions or the fall semester.
What is the Refund Policy for the Appalachian Express Account?
- Full refunds for Express Accounts will be made only in the case of official withdrawal from the University during a semester. For questions regarding official withdrawal, please contact the Registrar's Office.
- Account balances carry over each year that a student is enrolled at Appalachian.
- At separation, Express Account balances greater than $55.00 can be refunded if requested. A $50.00 fee applies. For example, an Express Account with a $55.00 balance would receive a $5.00 refund; a $110.00 balance would receive a $60.00 refund.
- Refunds will be given once a year to students who request it by the last working day before May Commencement.
- Request for refunds must be made through the AppCard Office in Trivette Hall. The telephone number to request a refund is 828-262-6141. Refunds will be issued from the Student Accounts Office in John E. Thomas Hall.