Current students can request Dependent AppCards.
The AppCard Office, part of Campus Dining, is responsible for issuing all AppCards. The appropriate form must be completed at the AppCard Office. There is a nominal charge for these cards.
Location / Phone
170 Stadium Drive
|Monday – Friday|
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Dependents of current students qualify for an AppCard and associated privileges:
- Dependents requesting AppCards must be accompanied by the student and the appropriate forms must be completed.
- Students requesting Dependent AppCards must be currently enrolled at Appalachian State University.
- Dependents under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult while using university facilities.
- There is a fee for these cards. Click here for Costs & Fees.
Who Qualifies as a Dependent?
App State defines dependents as:
- Domestic Partners: Two adults, not legally married, in an intimate and committed relationship who share the same address.
- Children under 19 years of age living at home.
- Children 19 years or older who qualify as a dependent for federal income tax purposes. Specifically, this means that the child is currently enrolled as a full-time student.
Dependent Campus Cash
- Students can set up and deposit funds into a Dependent Campus Cash account at the AppCard Office. Learn more about Campus Cash.
- Campus Cash operates on a declining balance system and are accepted at various on-campus locations.
- Campus Cash cannot be used off campus and funds cannot be withdrawn as cash.
- Dependents cannot be linked to a student's Meal Plan or Campus Cash account.
Student Recreation Center Access
- Recreation Facility access may be given to a student's dependent(s) only for the semesters the student is registered to attend.
- Students must pay general fees to qualify.
NOTE: Each area of the university has the right to determine what services are provided to persons holding Dependent AppCards. Please address questions to individual areas.