Where Can I Use It?
Use Meal Account funds for any on-campus food purchase. Meal Accounts cannot be used off campus.
- All Food Services locations, including franchises
- The Bake Shop
- The Markets (campus convenience stores) for food and food-related purchases (Cash, Visa/MasterCard or an Express Account is required for non-food purchases)
- Crossroads Coffee House
- The Wired Scholar Cafe
- Vending machines
- Concession stands at home football games
How Does It Work?
Because our pricing is a la carte rather than based on a number of set meals each day, students have complete flexibility of how, when and where to use Meal Account funds.
- Meal Accounts operate on a declining balance system.
- Students are only charged for what they select and can use Meal Account funds anytime, anywhere for any on-campus food purchase.
- There are no restrictions on where funds can be used or the number of times per day (exception is a $40 per day limit on vending machine purchases).
- Meal Accounts cannot be used off campus and students cannot withdraw cash.
- Balances on Meal Accounts carry over from Fall to Spring semester and end on May Commencement.
- All food items are priced a la carte (priced separately).
- Students have control over how best to spend their funds.
- Daily spending can vary greatly according to eating habits and selections.
- Visit our Price Comparison to learn more about how our prices compare to those of area restaurants.
- Meal averages are as follows (averages are based on the total number of purchases during the meal hours):
- Breakfast ~ $5.50 including state sales tax
- Lunch ~ $7.42 including state sales tax
- Dinner ~ $7.58 including state sales tax
- Note: Meal Accounts are not designed to provide full meal coverage for a semester. Additional deposits can be made at any time.
Because Meal Account funds are non-refundable, we recommend adding additional funds as needed. Students are able to monitor account usage and check daily spending through AppCard Online.